Sunday, May 31, 2015

doTerra essential oils ... kicking the flu's butt with the doTerra flubomb

I'm not sure if you've noticed but there hasn't been a Sunday video for a few weeks now for several reasons: I have not been filming (I've lost my filming mojo!) and life got in the way. I explained the reasons in this post and those reasons are still valid. I'm not back into it yet and I'm not sure when I will be.

I've been posting some book related stuff instead, book reviews and new release book promos.

I'm still very much into the girly things and makeup, etc., and I have been posting a few odd makeup posts on my Thursday feature posts but I prefer for those to remain book related, so I've struck on this bright idea that I'll make Sunday my random day where I post life stuff, makeup stuff, and health stuff.

I don't promise that it will be a regular Sunday thing because a girl does need a day off now and then. I'll post when inspiration strikes and there's something interesting to talk about.

I'm going to kick today's post off with a health related post. This past couple of weeks has been rough on us as Steve caught the dreaded flu and was off work for a week.

Living in close quarters with someone who has the flu means that I'm bound to catch it sooner or later even though I've had the flu shot. It didn't save Steve after all, he had the flu shot too. Admittedly, his flu symptoms were not horrible, but it left him feeling drained and tired.


About a day into being sick, my friend Lorraine who is a doTerra essential oils expert and reseller suggested we make up what she calls a flubomb which will take care of the flu and help us recover from it a lot faster.

We were probably a day or so late getting Steve started on it, but we did. I have to say that it helped reduce his flu symptoms a great deal.

A few days ago, I felt that I was on the verge of getting sick with my throat feeling a little scratchy. As a preventive measure, I took a flubomb in the morning and did so for a few mornings. Then, yesterday, I really felt like I was getting sick. I could tell that my nose was getting cloggy and I was going to succumb to the flu.

I started on the flubomb right away and dosed myself with it 4 times a day and miraculously the next day I felt amazing. Like I was never sick or even about to get sick at all. No flu, no symptoms. I felt great.

What is this miracle flubomb, you ask?


Well, it's doTerra essential oils and it's:

  • 4 drops Lemon
  • 2 drops Frankincense
  • 2 drops On Guard
  • 2 drops Tea Tree
  • 2 drops Oregano

... in a capsule, taken with water.

This is a little capsule of miraculous goodness!!

The instructions is to take it 4 times a day, which was what I did the first day I felt I was getting sick, and then to be doubly sure, on the second day, I took it 3 times that day.

I am told that with the essential oils in the flubomb, the oils break down the membrane of the virus, penetrate it and attack / kill it from the inside, thereby stopping it from spreading. I do not know if this is scientifically proven, I only know that it has worked for me and I went from flu symptoms one day, right on the verge of getting very sick to feeling fine the next day and the day after.

Note: doTerra oils are very high quality and I call them "food grade" oils because you can ingest them. I do not recommend trying this with any other brand of oil as I do not know the quality of those oils and how they are produced. Most generic essential oils tend to have a warning to not be ingested or applied directly onto the skin. I would heed this warning. This does not apply to doTerra oils.

I'm a firm believer in the doTerra essential oils anyway, since it has been a tremendous help for me with other ailments, but that's a topic for another post.

I did in the past attempt a rather awkward video explaining an introduction to the doTerra oils, if you've interested in watching it.


Do you use essential oils? If so, did you know about the doTerra oils and how they are such high quality and so pure that you are able to ingest them and gain a great deal of benefits from them? What essential oils do you use?


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment