Wednesday, May 31, 2017

What Deanna Read #16: May 2017

I haven't counted how many books I've read this month as I am putting this blog post together. I figure I'll count as I go and see how I did. On a guess, I'd say it was a pretty good month. There were some good reads during the month, I remember that much.

Here's what I read for the month.









I gotta say, since I became a bit more discerning about picking my books to read, the reading experience has improved a great deal. Much fewer duds in the montly reading. This month was pretty good too. Some stand outs that I really enjoyed. Kinda hard to not list them all.

Let's start with the two most stand out reads for the month. The Red Lily by Juliette Cross. What happens with Little Red falls for the Big Bad Wolf in this vampire fairy tale retelling of The Little Red Riding Hood. This was sensouse and gripping and emotional. I may have sobbed a few times while reading it.

And Claim & Protect by Rhenna Morgan, because holy hell, how wonderful is Trevor? He is melt-your-heart wonderful. He's the kind of hero you want to kidnap and keep for yourself but he's also the kind of guy who's so good and so solid, you'd be proud to take him home and introduce him to your momma.

The Mistaken Billionaire by Lexxie Couper was a fun read. I loved Thomas. I loved that he was so tortured by his craft and so horribly misunderstood. Didn't care for the heroine though.

For a complete surprise, I picked up a freebie and it surprised the heck out of me. I really enjoyed how fun this story was. Shy Girls Write It Better by May Sage.

And for HOLY HECK! What the heck did I just read? This is HOT!! Private Reserve by Cathryn Fox knocked my socks off. It's the hottest thing I've read in recent times. I'm still blushing from it.

Of course, Her Pregnancy Bombshell by Liz Fielding was utterly romantic, and The Nanny Arrangement by Rachel Harris was sweet and fun. Both very romantic reads and completely heartwarming.

And finally Personal Delivery by Ainsley Booth was cute, fun and sexy. I loved it. Jake and Jana just fit. I can't get over how cute they are together.

That's it from me. What did you read for this last month? Do leave a comment and let me know.

And stay tuned for Helen's reading list for the month too.


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of good reading there Deanna :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really was a lot of good reading this month. Loved it.

      Delete
  2. YIKES! I'm ashamed to admit that my TBR pile is growing larger and larger because I only finished 2 books in May. Kudos to you for getting it done, girl! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My TBR is always growing. Hope you get more reading in this month.

      Delete
  3. So many pretties! I read one from Sage end of last year and had fun with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might read her other ones in the series. I really enjoyed this one.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you got a lot of great books read this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED this book. Oh yeah, Trevor is yummy.. husband material. One of the best heroes I've read so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Trevor is definitely wonderful hero and husband material. Loved him.

      Delete