Friday, March 2, 2018

What Deanna Read #25: February 2018

Y'all, I read A LOT of books in February and I'm TIRED. I think I may have burned out a little on all the reading. Right now it's the first of March and I'm between books. I do not know what to read next. My brain is mush and my reading list is a mile long. And I somehow accidentally got signed up into an author's review team. I don't even know how that happened and suddenly she's sending me books to review because I read a book of hers and reviewed it on Goodreads. Maybe I need to sign up for Netflix and binge watch something as a change of pace instead?

Here's what I read for the month.

















Another record breaking month for me and you know what? As exhilarated as I am with the reading record, I'm exhausted. My brain cannot brain anymore. As much as I hate to say it, I think I might need a break from reading ... maybe. I do like reading so I don't know what I'd take too much of a break from it.

What stood out this month? Let's start with Dragon Fire and Phoenix Ash by J Thompson and Mina Carter. I literally read the book twice. I loved it so much, I finished it and then went back to the beginning and read it again. Technically, I should list it twice. I LOVED the heroine. She is EXACTLY the kind of heroine I love - the perfect blend of strength and fragility. Of course, the hero was pretty scrummy too.

Cinderella And The Geek by Christina Phillips surprised me. I don't know why, really. I love Ms Phillips' writing but this is New Adult and not really my thing, but she did it brilliantly.

Smoke And Mirrors by Julie Rowe was a much anticipated book for me and it did not disappoint. I adore Ms Rowe's work and I wish she write more books, faster. This one was fast-paced and action-packed.

Both The Penthouse Pact by Cathryn Fox and A Baby For The Billionaire by Victoria Davies were delightful reads. Both of them left me feeling romanced and sappy.

New-to-me author Serena Akeroyd blew me away with Charmed By Them. Y'all - you NEED to read this when it comes out. Go on and preorder it!! Her characterisation and relationship development is fantastic. I also read Claimed By Caden from her and that was great too. I'm glomming her backlist whenever time allows me to read something outside of the reading schedule.

Broken Butterfly by Maddie Wade was extremely enjoyable. Ms Wade continues to improve with every book.

Finally, Baby Surprise For The Spanish Billionaire by Jessica Gilmore was utterly romantic. Melty-welty, smooshy-wooshy romantic. Go read it.

That's it from me. What did you read for this last month? Do leave a comment and let me know.

And stay tuned for Helen's reading list for the month too.


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you read a lot more than me. lol I haven't been in a reading mood lately but I will get back into it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have been reading a lot. Some were shorter though, so they was quicker to finish.

      Delete
  2. What a list way to go woohoo there are a lot there that I am sure I will love as well

    I read some fabulous books in February as well

    Have Fun

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It was. I enjoyed most of the books I read.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You got a lot of reading in! Sometimes it's just good to sit back and do something different, then dive back into the reading pool with a vengeance! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered watching some TV but I'm really not much of a TV person, so I went back to reading. :-D

      Delete
  5. Here's mine
    Emerald Lily by Juliette Cross. A fabulous finale to the series

    Dark in Death by J.D. Robb. Incomparable Nora Roberts

    Dark Strength by Cynthia Sax. Dark and desirable

    Mateer by Veronica Scott. I'm loving this spin off of the Sectors books. Gotta love Mateer

    This Magic Moment by Susan Squires. Waited 3 years for this fitting finale to Children of Merlin series

    Dangerous Witness by Katie Reus

    A Soldier in Conard County by Rachel Lee. A squirm at the mention of a turgid member!

    Conard County Revenge by Rachel Lee

    Hearts and Flour by Tara Lain

    Losing It by Christine D'Abo. Another fitting finale to a great series

    Operation Phoenix by Susan Hayes. A new to me author. Now have to download the backlist

    Promise not to Tell by Jayne Ann Krentz

    Breaking Point by Allison Brennan. I love Lucy

    Double Down (Drift 1) by Susan Hayes

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You had some great reads for the month and quite a few end of series. Emerald Lily was excellent, as was Promise Not To Tell. I love both Juliette Cross and Jayne Ann Krentz. I have Cynthia Sax on my to read list but still haven't gotten to her yet. I want to read her cyborg books. And of course, I'm so far behind on JD Robb.

      Delete
  6. Cinderella and the Geek looks fun :) Ha on your brain not being able to brain. Yeah, too many books sometimes isn't a completely good thing. I used to do a book a day and it gets too much after a while. Now I mix reading with Netflix bingeing and music and while I read less than I'd like most weeks it works better overall I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I overdid it last month. I'm not reading nearly as many books or as fast this month.

      Delete